Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Wish I Could Tell the Future

Ahhh…sometimes I feel like Dave and I are caught in this giant catch 22. We were talking last night about our future and what we want. We both agree that we want to live in the wonderful state of Colorado! Our original plan was Cali for 4-5 years then Colorado…well guess what..July is my 5 year anniversary with LM. Yup…its been 5 years since I packed 2 big suitcases and boarded a plane with a cat in tow!( I still can't believe that is all I came with!) So here's the dilemma... The housing market stinks…so it’s a good time to buy a house, but a bad time to sell one. So do we take a loss (well I guess its not really a loss, just not the equity we had about 2 years ago!) and follow our hearts or do we stick it out a little while longer in Cali. Now don't get me wrong…we do love Cali. I mean how can you not…great hiking, skiing, wine tasting, beautiful scenery, etc… But we know we belong in CO. Sighhh….

So anyway that is our constant battle. For now we deal with the immediate future. It's good to have Dave home again. He was off visiting his parents in FL. I think he totally hated all that humidity. I have one rule regarding going to FL…I will only step foot in FL in Dec, Jan, or Feb. I hate heat and I especially hate humidity. So I stayed at home in our 60 degree weather instead. I'm still itching to go somewhere but I got a good opportunity to go shoot a bridal shoot this Saturday. So we will be at home again this weekend. But the next weekend is our trip to MD. So much for spring at Yosemite….looks like we'll miss it again this year. Oh well. But I do think I see some camping in out very near future. Just got to figure out where is hikable since it just snowed! Yup..it snowed in May! We had a crazy weather weekend. It was windy and in the 60s or so here..but the mountains north of us got snow.

No comments: