Sunday, February 03, 2008

Another weekend has come and gone

..but that means we are a few days closer to skiing in Utah! :)

This weekend, I realllllyyyyy wanted to go skiing. Especially after all the wonderful snowfall last weekend. Two weeks without skiing is seriously to much! So we planned for a ski a day at Mammoth but we noticed that they were expecting heavy snow (multiple feet). So we didn't want to drive all the way to ski in a snow storm. Instead we made an executive decision to ski locally. We have a pretty decent place an hour from our house and they just got 6 feet of snow! So we get up early on Sunday, drove up there, in the snow and wind, bought our lift tickets... to find out that only one lift of the west side is open due to high winds. So we were told we had an hour to decide if we wanted to stay. It took us like 45 minutes to ride the lift once and ski down. So we made another decision to turn in our tickets and go home. So now we just have to find time to go back during this ski season. What a bummer. Turns out the ski resort closed this afternoon because the weather was so bad. Oh well! We'll be skiing all next weekend.

Anyway...Go Terps! The whole reason we didn't ski on Saturday was because I just couldn't miss the Terps games, which was on at 9am. So on Saturday morning we got up, turned the game on, had some coffee, then breakfast during halftime along with Mimosas. It was a pretty good morning. And of course the Terps won! Sweet! Later on Saturday Dave and I went for a run. Yes, I said Dave and I. Dave has decided that he would really like the run the Santa anita 5k in a much better time. But I told him the only way that will happen is if he trains. So we are working on it. I take him out and we run a mile or so then walk, repeat. He's doing pretty good and proud of I'm him for putting the effort it. I know how hard running can be. After he was done with his run, I went for a 6 mile run and it felt really good.

No comments: