Sunday, February 17, 2008

Double Black

I did it...a double black diamond! Okay maybe not completely. The top was a bit to scary with me being by myself. The last thing I wanted was some broken bones with no one to drive me home! I just had these vivid images of me falling, ski patrol hauling me down the mountain in the sled, and no way to get home because I broke my leg. So to avoid those uncomfortable circumstances, I avoided the very deep moguls at the top and traversed over from Cornice Bowl. It was still very steep and I had lots of fun with it. Although Dave says it doesn't count because
1. I didn't do the top
2. he wasn't there

But in my mind it was a double black! It so crazy, every time I go up to Cornice Bowl, the sign "Experts Only" always catches my eye. I hardly think of myself as an expert of skiing, but I do love that trail!

So as you can tell I went skiing again today. Dave is out of town (went to go visit his family, while I opted to not spend the weekend in 80 degree heat and humidity) so I headed up to road to Mammoth. Skiing by myself was so different. It was weird to not have Dave to share things with. But at the same time I just went at my pace and I went all day. (8:32am - 4:07 pm with a 20 minute lunch break). Actually feeling a bit sore now!

No comments: