Friday, February 15, 2008

Let the advertising begin...

I'm officially ready to advertise! After I got my new business cards last week and fell in love with them, I ordered double sided post cards! I love these too! So now I'm going to plan on finding some places to leave my postcards as ads. A coworker suggested I leave them at bakeries. So I think I'm going to try that first. I really like the blue and brown theme!

Front

Back
Here's a photo of Dave (he got new glasses). Not a great photo, but oh well. I didn't get my flash out and the overhead lighting casted shadows on his face. I love how I blurred out his shoulders though. But with a 50mm 1.4 prime, it works great.


I've been investing in some new equipment lately. Yesterday I got a great V-Day gift...my new pocket wizards for some off camera flash! But then I discovered that the 580EX didn't have a sync cable plug. So Dave said I should just get the 580EX II..so I ordered it. Kind of disappointing that I have to wait til next weekend to play around. I needed the new flash anyway because I'm going to have 2 camera bodies. So I'm narrowing my way down my photography equipment want list!

2 comments:

Mirdonamy said...

I didn't know there was a 580ex II. I know there is a way to use 2 flashes with even the 400 series, but I think it requires a remote and something else. I can't remember. How are you liking the 50 1.4? I want one of those one day!

Michele Schanker said...

Canon apparently sells a transmitter you can put on the hot shoe. I learned this at my Crash Flash Course. But I bought the pocket wizards. They will do the same thing. I've read good things about them, so I decided to go that route. With the transmitter you can set one flash to master and another to slave. It's pretty cool stuff. Have you look at FlashFlavor.com before? Amazing stuff on that site!