Saturday, November 08, 2008

Faster and Faster

Well I brought my time down again today. I ran another 5K race, the annual City of Palmdale one. This time I finished with a time of 24:10 (about a 7.8 min per mile pace) which is about 40 seconds faster than my last 5K. So that is good. I could have been faster but my shoe lace came untied, not once, but twice. Guess I didn't double knot it like I usually do. Anyway, I'm bringing my time back down do that is good. Hopefully I'll be back into the 23 range soon. I did place second in my age group. I got smoked by the first place runner, she came in at 22 something.

So while I'm talking about exercise I though I'd share a few of my favorite healthy food choices.

1. Carbonara made with fat free evaporated milk and turkey bacon
2. Apples cut up with caramel sauce. I melt a few soft caramels in the microwave and mix in some vanilla soymilk then drizzle it over the apples. Sometimes I put crushed up pecans on top
3. Speaking of soymilk....Vanilla soymilk. It's become a staple around here, I drink it and cook with it.
4. Over fried chicken - ok its not fried, but I dip the chicken in egg beaters then shake it in a bag with breadcrumbs and old bay. Then I bake it. It's really good over salad too.
5. The corn chowder recipe I posted in a previous post - also made with soymilk.
6. My Maryland crab cakes! I mix the crab meat with egg beaters and low fat mayo. Also use some mustard and of course old bay. Can't have crab cakes without old bay.
7. Oh and I can't forget No Pudge Brownie Mix. Seriously, so good! I buy this at Trder Joes. The brownies are made with non fat vanilla yogurt and they are so moist and yummy.

No comments: