Monday, November 24, 2008

Safe Driving

For anyone reading this....please be safe driving anywhere, even in your own neighborhood! Don't let your guard down.

As most of you know I am a runner and I frequent the roads and sidewalks in my neighborhood. Tonight I was crossing an intersection. The light was green, I was in the crosswalk, and I had a walk signal. Everything that I did was correct, yet I still almost got hit by a car. Thankfully I am very cognizant of this kind of stuff because it has happened way to often. The driver decided to not hit the brakes until she was close to the light and ended up most of the way through the crosswalk. I noticed it in time to stop myself dead in my tracks.

Please, Please....make sure you stay behind the lines and crosswalks. They are there for a reason.

No comments: