Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The Island of Phuket

This is a place we were glad we saw, but glad we didn't stay a very long time. The island is just beautiful, but super touristy...especially Patong Beach.

on Day 13 we arrive around 1pmish to the island. Our taxi cab driver was trying to talk us into staying at another hotel. But once we go there, we all through he was just crazy. It was beautiful! Yes it sat up on a cliff, but you had your own villa and there was a path that led to Karon Beach. So we spent the remainder of the day playing on the beach. Brenda and I took sunset photos too. When we finally went back to the hotel, we discovered Dave and Mark jumping off the waterfall into the pool....oh boy...then they talked Brenda and I into it too. I think technically the pool was closed so there was no one around to yell at us.

Day 14 - We took a snorkeling tour to Koh Phi Phi...another beautiful island. The snorkeling was wonderful! Some of the most colorful fish I've ever seen. Much better than Hawaii. They drove us by Jame Bond island (I think this is the area where te movie the beach was filmed)...this is when my day went sour. I was taking photos and my SLR started to read error 99! Oh no! Yup, some failure with my camera and it didn't work for the rest of the trip. Luckily I had a point and shoot with me, but that is just so hard to use when your used to your awesome SLR. The afternoon was spent on an island int eh middle of nowhere. We swam, snorkeled, fed fish, and threw the football around. That night Dave and I went to Patong Beach and ate dinner in the sand again.

DAy 15 - We caught the 8:30am ferry over to Krabi, our last stop of the trip.

No comments: