Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Krabi - my favorite location

Day 15 - we arrived to our splurge hotel! We each had a room with a spa on the balcony overlooking the ocean. Seriously awesome! The resort was great and so were the rooms. We spent most of the day there, playing in the pool and kayaking in the ocean. Dave and I found this little cave in the ocean and kayaked through it. That night we went into town and had dinner and did some shopping.

Day 16 - Dave and I booked a kayaking tour to some caves. This was really cool. To kayak to and through some caves off of a river was really sweet. After our Thai lunch we went to a fresh water swimming spring. It had a rope swing too, which was a lot of fun. That night we met up with our friends for dinner in town.

Day 17 - The previous day we discovered that our flight time was a lot later then we through. Wish pretty much gave us all day in Krabi. So we hired a long tail boat to island hop in. The captain took us all over the place. We ended up at one beach in the middle of the ocean, it was kind crowded so we asked him to take us somewhere else. We ended back at this really cool island. Its basically two small islands connected by a sand bar. We swam there and fed more fish. I think this was my favorite part of the day. Being out int he middle of the ocean in our own boat was way cool. After island hopping we went back into town to eat some lunch and finish up our shopping. Dave and I bought two elephant paintings for our house. I can't wait to get them framed. Then it was back to the hotel for some pool time before heading to the airport.

Day 18 - Time to come home! We were up at 5am Bangkok time to get to the airport. Our flight left at 8:30, well 9am really since there was a short delay. We got into LAX at noon (PST) which was 3am the next day in Bangkok. We slept on these flights, just not as much as going out there. So right now we are super groggy and I'm hoping the stuff I wrote has made sense. If not, I'm sure I'll fix it tomorrow.

I hope to have a few photos posted tomorrow.

No comments: